Thursday, January 29, 2009

Perks of a Mega-Family

I am a Dunkin Donuts girl. I was, after all raised in Vermont. However, where I am now located, is Krispy Kreme country. I have not ever been to the actual Krispy Kreme shop though. Mainly because you can often find these Krispy Kreme fundraisers all over the place. T-Ball, cheer-leaders, parks&rec., schools, there they are, groups of kids, in the street, selling donuts. You don't even get out of your car. They just walk up to the window, and the deal goes down.

Today I ventured into the Krispy Kreme shop. They have the best program in the world, and after today, I am now a Krispy Kreme fan. Why oh why did I wait so long to take advantage of this incredible offer? We always get these little pamphlets on report card day saying to stop into Krispy Kreme for a donut for every "A", up to six. Well, I have never taken the kids over to Krispy Kreme, because we have seven kids, so what good would six donuts do us?

Today was different. Today, I had my kids, as well as my brother and his step-daughter, who goes to the same school as my elementary kids, with me. And we decided to check out the Krispy Kreme incentive. A donut for each "A" up to six was true. The part I misunderstood? Low and Behold! Up to six PER KID! 32 donuts later, we left Krispy Kreme, without a penny out of pocket. Yes, that was THIRTY-TWO donuts.

My brother and I also came to a new realization about all of those Krispy Kreme fundraiser's. We now know where they get all those donuts they are selling. We know your game coaches. We know you do those kids' homework to make sure they all get A's for your fundraisers. I feel bad for the poor kid who gets a B+. He gets thrown off the team doesn't he? Who cares if he's the pitcher? He needs to bring home the donuts!

1 comment:

greygillfish said...

Hi Doodlebelle. Thanks for stopping over to my blog, and thank you for the kind compliments. I look forward to reading more of your blog. Don't forget to check in Tuesday to find out who wins the drawing. Have a great weekend!