Monday, June 23, 2008

Always Amazed

If you haven't been following my posts, I am so amazed at the care we receive at Duke Children's. I wanted to share with you an example of their commitment. Here is a copy of the e-mail I sent to his medical team at 9:39pm :


Dear Team,

I'm really not sure who I am supposed to e-mail about scheduling, Andrew McQueen, has an appointment with Dr. Grant on July 14th. We have noticed an increasing "attitude" for about a month, as well as lower energy for about that long. Now, he has complained of dizziness for 2 days. He also needed assistance walking once yesterday and once today. I was wondering if we should get an MRI scheduled sooner?


Thank-you,


Heidi Underhill
XXX-XXX-XXXX


Here is the reply we received at 9:43pm :


Hi there. We will try to move things up to see him sooner.
Latonya will give you a call.

Best regards,

Gerald Grant, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Pediatric Neurosurgery
Duke University Medical Center
Box 3272, Durham, NC 27710
Tel: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
Fax: (XXX) XXX-XXXX


And the reply we received at 9:46pm :

Yes, we can see him earlier as necessary. However, i would be at the ISPNO meeting from June 29th through the 3rd.

SG

**********************************************
Sri Gururangan, MRCP (UK)
Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Surgery
Director, Pediatric Clinical Services
The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center
Duke University Medical Center
047 Baker House, Trent Drive
Durham, NC 27710

Tel: XXX.XXX.XXXX
Fax: XXX.XXX.XXXX


I am just amazed that within 7 minutes, we had received 2 replies. Did I mention that I love them? Also pray, or cross your fingers, or whatever you do. Keep Andrew in your thoughts.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Andrew will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything goes well!