Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Shorty got Low

Written 5/5/08

Well, it turns out that Rainia does have to have the adnoids removed. So it will be a little bit more complicated than the tubes in the ears, but they will do both in the same surgery, and it shouldn’t be too bad. Maybe a sore throat for a couple of days.

My job will be letting out for the summer on June 6th. I am very excited because I desperately need a couple of minutes to breath. I am hoping to get everything organized at the shop, get my house clean, and get caught up with laundry all in the first couple of weeks and then relax. Usually the summers get to be pretty hectic with having the kids all home and trying to take at least one good two-week vacation, but I cannot wait!

You are not going to believe this, but I have lost a bin of summer clothes. Well, those who know me can believe it.

I have a Jakeism, but you are going to question my parenting skills after this one. Honestly people, I am doing the best I can. For a very, very, very long time, we didn’t allow the kids to listen to the popular radio stations because of the lyrics involved in all of today’s top 40 songs. We did very well with this, getting our kids to enjoy country, Christian, jazz, classic rock, and even classical. Somehow though, pop culture has invaded our home. The kids listen to the radio stations, and yes, I do too. So this explanation has all led up to today’s Jakeism. Should I write this? Too late now.

Jake: “Mommy, can I give that big booty a slap?”

I am so sorry people. I have long been an advocate for a required parenting class for every birthday that your child has. Obviously, I would fail that class. Miserably. With a big fat F.

Also, his glue spot:

No comments: