Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Tree Smell Tip



The best part of having a real Christmas tree is the smell. If you want to increase the Christmas aroma, or if you have an artificial tree, you can recreate the real Christmas tree smell. I like to keep the clippings from my tree, and use them a little at a time. You can take a few clippings and put them into a pot, bring to a boil, and then turn it off. Just sit back and smell the Christmas aroma fill your house. If you break up the clippings first, it releases the aroma even further. So if you are wondering what to do with those clippings, that is my Christmas tree smell tip. If you have an artificial Christmas tree, you can go to any road-side vendor of real trees and ask for some left-over clippings. There you have it, the simplest, cheapest route to creating the real Christmas tree smell. Of course, if you choose to use a pre-made candle to create the smell, I highly recommend "The Yankee Candle Company"

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Unfortunately I am so allergic to Christmas trees. I am even allergic to the smell. I know it's weird, but it is really true. Those pine candles and air fresheners set me off in a major way. I become a sneezy itchy mess. But thanks for sharing your tip, it was very Martha Stewart of you. Love ya!