Monday, May 19, 2008

Update

Written 3/5/08

We are discussing Rick not going on Andrew and Kyley's 5th grade field-trip. As I previously mentioned, the trip is $400 a piece. Kyley's trip is paid for (TGF child-support.) We still owe $100 on Andrew's trip and $300 on Rick's. The things that Rick does for Andrew are: pick his clothes, help him get dressed, fix his breakfast (even cereal), wash his hair, brush his hair, tie his shoes. When Andrew is not doing well, he really doesn't have the coordination or balance to complete these tasks. With his right arm and hand that don't function, everyday activities are work for him. But, we are wondering if he could do most of this stuff on his own right now, given how well he is doing. The only thing that I think he wouldn't be able to accomplish one-handed is tying his shoes, and there is always velcro. The expiration date for having the trips paid for has already come and gone, and we do not foresee an extra $400 right now.

Rainia is over her virus and headed back to school, but now Josh is sick. Since the boys are still in daycare, when 1 is sick we let the other stay home. But next year they will have a rude awakening when they will be going to kindergarden. They will have to get used to being apart, as we can't allow them to stay home just for the sake of not being without eachother.

Kyley has had a very exciting week. She decided to make contact with her biological father, whom she has never met. She has been talking about it for a couple of years, and I always told her that whenever she was ready, I would do all that I could to get his contact information. Well, I guess she finally got over her fear of rejection, and decided that now is the time. She e-mailed him, and guess what? He wrote back!!! She is so happy. I'm really excited for her.

I always feel like there is not enough time in the day to do everything that I need to do. With all of these kids, the house, my job, my other job, and a wedding, I don't know how to do everything.

No comments: